The Jet City Rollergirls are proud to present our comprehensive training program for aspiring rollergirls! This exciting program will train you from the ground up to become the best derby player you can be!
How it works
- Basic skating lessons (BSL) – Learn basic derby skating skills, stance, crossovers, and much more. We welcome all skill levels, men, women and children 12 or older. Once you have all your basic skills down you are eligible for our Jet Cadets Program!
- Jet Cadets (women 18 and over) – The Jet Cadets are our Fresh Meat Team. On cadets you’ll learn the advanced skills to get you bout ready – whips, pushes, lateral movement, hitting, jamming. pack work, etc. After passing an intermediate skills and scrimmage assessment and achieving standard benchmarks, you will be invited to practice with the JCRG home teams on Thursday nights. Home teams draft from our fresh meat teams approximately 4 times a year.
- JCRG teams cannot accept men or children, but men 18 and older are encouraged to consider becoming skating or non-skating officials in our Derby Enforcement Agency or joining the local men’s roller derby league, the Puget Sound Outcasts.
we encourage you to Email us for information on joining.
Program highlights include:
• The chance to learn at your own pace
Want to hear more about the program experience?
Read an interview with league skaters who started in BSL, progressed to Cadets and now skate with teams on JCRG!!
Check out the photo gallery to the right, to see past Cadets!!
When can I start!?
Tryouts for BSL and Cadets occur weekly, and follow the schedule below:
Saturdays 7:45am-10am @ Everett Skate Deck
Sundays 10:45am-12:30pm @ Lynnwood Bowl & Skate
|Drop in for $10 per practice or pay $50/month to join!|
What do I need to start?
whether you join for fitness, to become a derby girl, or to just try it out and learn something new, there are a few items you will need before hitting the floor at the open tryouts.
• All BSL skaters must be ages 12 and up.
Male and female participants are accepted into BSL.
• All Cadet participants must be 18 years old, out of high school,
female & physically able to participate in a full contact sport
• Current personal health insurance is required
• Liability waivers must be signed
|• Quad Skates
• A Helmet
• Knee pads
• Elbow pads
• Wrist guards
• Protective mouth guard
• Water bottle
Ask about loner gear in your email when you join up!
Email us for information about how to join.